Pages

Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles...need I say more?

So I realise this may possibly be the worst time to post a chocolate recipe, but before you run away I will say again: chocolate...and peanut butter!!

But seriously, while everyone may be trying to be more healthy in the new year (I for one know I could do with shifting a few pounds) it's all about the 80:20 - and this is firmly in the '20'. And these things are so rich, you can only have one at a time. Ok...maybe two or three, if you're like me.

This recipe is from Lorraine Pascale's Home Cooking Made Easy which I would highly recommend both for savoury and sweet dishes!


For these balls of chocolate peanut buttery goodness, you will need:

400g milk chocolate (half is for the coating, so you could mix it up and use white chocolate for that - you may potentially need more than 200g for the coating, as I ran out for my last few truffles!)
5-6 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter
120ml double cream
Knob of butter

That's all!

Add the cream to a pan and heat over the stove until nearly boiling. Take off the heat and add the butter and half the chocolate - don't stir yet! Leave for about 6-8 mins then gently mix the chocolate in, to give a shiny and smooth mixture.

Put your mixture in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.


Once you've got your hardened mixture, take a tablespoon or melon-baller or similar, and scoop out a chunk. With your hands roll into a ball - prepare to get sticky!


Melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan with boiling water, and dip your truffles into the melted chocolate. Lay the truffles on some grease-proof paper to cool, and place into the fridge to harden.


DONE. Super easy and so delicious (but seriously, very rich.)

Apologies for the lack of photos - haven't quite got the hang of photographing while cooking!

12 comments:

  1. Chocolate and peanut butter is an awesome combo! These look really tasty :)

    Milly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too - anything chocolate and peanut butter gets me! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! These sound and look amazing! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG those look so good!!! I wish I could reach into the screen and get one!!!!
    Love the positive message!!!! I think people should slow down too!!! Take time to enjoy the little things!

    xo, Lizzie
    The Uptown Girl
    Elizzabethhope.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree - it's great to eat healthy but it's not sustainable unless you let yourself have little treats!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Hmm, see I love peanut butter, and I love chocolate, but I've never really liked them together.

    They look amazing though :)


    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few friends who feel the same Emma...but I just don't understand it! Haha. To be fair, I didn't even really like peanut butter until a couple of years ago!
      xx

      Delete
  5. These look and sound SOOOO good! Definitely gonna have to try when I get bored of attempting the January diet ;)

    Helen at Hels Yeah! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so yummy :D
    Just found your blog, it's very nice!

    Andera | www.universulanderei.ro

    ReplyDelete